We are a diverse, collaborative and agile team focused upon our shared goal to provide the analytics needed for next-generation biomanufacturing. We believe AI-based analytics can transform biomanufacturing and help bring better quality medicines to market more quickly and at lower cost. Our work will transform patients lives.
Why we need you
We are looking for a Bioinformatician to lead data capture and integration efforts for our Cell & Gene Therapy manufacturing programme. Working with bench scientists, you will create software tools to clean and import multichannel cell images and other experimental results into our data platform. You will use the platform to track cell samples across manufacturing, to articulate relationships between samples, and to link diverse experimental assays on samples, including multichannel images, mass spectra and cell assays. You will also articulate semantically-rich queries to extract rich datasets for our AI team to train and validate models. The role is to create and integrate code to automate these various tasks to ensure our AI operations are reproducible and scalable.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of interdisciplinary research and experience, and a background in software development for biological data analysis.
This is an opportunity to apply your expertise to unlock a whole new area of Medicine.
Join us to help transform millions of lives.
What will you be doing?
- Working with Cell Biology and Bioanalytics teams to capture experimental data.
- Creating data cleaning and annotation code to enrich and mark up experimental data, especially working on cleaning multichannel cell images.
- Articulating experimental results within our data platform, including sample metadata, relationships between samples, and linking samples to multiple assay results.
- Expressing semantically-rich queries to retrieve rich datasets for the AI team.
- Integrating tools and queries into the data platform.
- Leading frequent on-site data integration meetings in Dublin and Galway.
- Contributing to wider infrastructure projects to improve bioinformatics in the organisation.
- Generating marketing material for prospective and existing customers.
- Tracking technical/application trends within you area.
- Joining knowledge transfer sessions with the wider company and external partners.
What skills are we looking for?
- 2+ years’ experience with code-led (as opposed to manual) biological data curation and integration.
- Experience with Python image processing packages, such as scikit-image, ideally working with biological images.
- Experience with Machine Learning packages, such as scikit-learn, is desirable.
- Experience creating biological data pipelines in Python.
- Experience with databases and query languages.
- Experience working with web services and APIs.
What type of colleague are we looking for?
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within and at times lead an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work closely with external partners.
- Ability to travel to frequent site meetings and conferences.
- Good communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop research plans and write scientific papers.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
What will you gain?
Our mission is to transform how biological medicines are produced. If you want to make a difference and are passionate about our mission, then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are not concerned with where you live but core hours of work are 09:00-17:00 (Dublin time). To discuss this role further please send a detailed C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org