Biological Data Engineer
We are a diverse, collaborative and agile team focused upon our shared goal to provide the analytics needed for next-generation biomanufacturing. We believe AI-based analytics can transform biomanufacturing and help bring better quality medicines to market more quickly and at lower cost. Our work will transform patient lives.
Why we need you
We are looking for a Biological Data Engineer to lead data management and analysis for our Cell Therapy manufacturing programme. Working with bench scientists, you will design and implement automated solutions to capture, integrate and enrich diverse biological data within our data warehouse. You will also lead metabolomics data analyses and support our AI team. The ideal candidate will have hands-on biological data integration experience, a broad knowledge of Computer Science as applied to Life Sciences, and a track record of interdisciplinary research
This is an opportunity to apply your expertise to unlock a whole new area of Medicine.
Join us to help transform millions of lives.
What will you be doing?
- Working with our Cell Biology and Bioanalytics teams to automate experimental data and metadata capture.
- Maintaining our biological data warehouse, including compliance with FAIR standards.
- Enriching captured data by defining and maintaining automated enhancement pipelines.
- Working with AI developers to run complex queries against the warehouse.
- Analysing image and mass spectrometry data to create AI prediction targets.
- Collaborating with robotics engineers to automate laboratory workflows.
- Leading data engineering meetings.
- Contributing to wider infrastructure projects to improve bioinformatics and data engineering across the organisation.
- Generating marketing material for prospective and existing customers.
- Tracking technical/application trends within you area.
- Joining knowledge transfer sessions with the wider company and external partners.
What skills are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience developing biological data capture and analysis pipelines.
- Experience with biological databases, database queries and Cloud storage.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation.
- Highly proficient in Python, with experience in frontend data visualisation frameworks a bonus.
- An understanding of Artificial Intelligence, especially Deep Learning, and wider Computer Intelligence is a bonus.
What type of colleague are we looking for?
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within and at times lead an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel to frequent site meetings and conferences.
- Good communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
What will you gain?
Our mission is to transform how biological medicines are produced. If you want to make a difference and are passionate about our mission, then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are not concerned with where you live but core hours of work are 09:00-17:00 (Dublin time).
To discuss this role further please send a detailed C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org