We are a diverse, collaborative and agile team focused upon our shared goal to provide the analytics needed for next-generation biomanufacturing. We believe AI-based analytics can transform biomanufacturing and help bring better quality medicines to market more quickly and at lower cost. Our work will transform patients lives.
Why we need you
We are looking for a Data Scientist, specialised in Deep Learning, to analyse microscope images of biological cells. You will work alongside laboratory scientists to develop ETL workflows and DL models that simplify, accelerate and enhance how vital biological medicines are manufactured. You will work with engineers at ValitaCell and Intel Ireland to package models for deployment.
You will also work with colleagues on the data generation side – biological scientists at ValitaCell & collaboration partners, with clear, quantifiable problems which will be addressed by your work.
This is an opportunity to apply your expertise to unlock a whole new area of Medicine.
Join us to help transform millions of lives.
What will you be doing?
- Working within and at times leading campaign teams of laboratory scientists and ML engineers to develop novel ML solutions to biomanufacturing challenges.
- Building ETL workflows for image preprocessing.
- Applying Deep Learning to images.
- Running XAI analyses and defining Concept Drift tests.
- Advising Commercial and Management teams on campaign feasibility.
- Contributing to underpinning ML/DL R&D and infrastructure projects.
- Tracking technical/application trends within your area.
- Joining knowledge transfer sessions with the AI team, company and partners.
What skills are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Relevant experience with Python and major DL frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.)Excellent knowledge of core ML and DL concepts.
- Relevant experience with DL on images.Good knowledge of Python and DL frameworks.
- ETL experience using image preprocessing for data preparation.
- Experience testing and evaluating model performance and robustness.
- Experience working with biological images (desirable)
What type of colleague are looking for?
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within and at times lead an interdisciplinary team.
- Good communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible both in job role and problem solving.
- Positive and constructive attitude.
What will you gain?
Our mission is to transform how biological medicines are produced. If you want to make a difference and are passionate about our mission, then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are not concerned with where you live but core hours of work are 09:00-17:00 (Dublin time).To discuss this role further please send a detailed C.V. to email@example.com