Product Development Scientist – Image Application Specialist
We are seeking a Product Development Scientist with imaging expertise to join our R&D team and contribute to the development of our product pipeline. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about science and helping scientists around the world accelerate the development of life-saving medicines.
ValitaCell has an extensive R&D pipeline with products at various stages of development.
- Works directly with the Head of Science [Biologics] to design and execute experiments to achieve specific product development proof-of-concept related goals;
- Works directly with the Head of Science [Biologics] to design and execute experiments to achieve specific product development validation related goals;
- Works directly with the Cell Ai data science team to design and execute experiments to achieve product development and validation goals;
- Develop a detailed understanding of the company’s CellAi technology platform, key applications and target market;
- Manage all experimental campaigns associated with the Cell Ai technology platform;
- Troubleshoots assays/instruments for product and method development;
- Ensures the quality and timely delivery of all data supporting R&D product development in-house;
- Support patent filings where appropriate;
- Trains others in the use of the technology as appropriate;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all experiments;
- Writes and reviews technical documents i.e. SOPs, proof-of-concept/validation reports;
- Be updated on advances in hardware, software, applications and new technology in microscopy and high content imaging related fields.
- Presents at internal and external company meetings
- Works directly with the Head of Science [Biologics] and the commercial team to design and support the commercial path for products in development
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- PhD or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Nanoparticle or other related fields
- At least 1-2 year(s) hands-on work experience (ideally biotech/pharma industry) post PhD
- Strong research experience in Cell Biology, confocal microscopy (essential), CHO cell culture (essential) and molecular biology
- Strong research experience in cell biology and molecular biology;Strong hands-on experience in microscopy and cell imaging systems is essential and ideally advanced experience in imaging CHO cells
- Strong track record and hands-on experience in technology development
- Strong track record and hands-on experience in assay development is essential and ideally advanced knowledge of and practical experience in fluorescence-based assays
- Knowledge and/or experience in the development and manufacture of drug candidates is desirable, but not essential;Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in focused personal, team and company goals
- Ability to adapt and rapidly integrate new technologies into existing projects
- Good team player;High level of self-motivation to provide technical support to multiple products at various stages of development, i.e. launched products and external evaluations at the pre-launch stage etc.
- Flexible, able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced & demanding environment
- Able to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary
- Able to understand and interpret data/information and its practical application.
ValitaCell Head Office, NIBRT, Blackrock, Dublin
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV to Hannah.email@example.com. Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland and hold an up-to-date relevant Visa entitling them to work in Ireland.