Product Development Scientist – Cell Therapy R&D
We are seeking a Product Development Scientists to join our Cell Therapy R&D team and contribute to the development of our product pipeline, with a primary focus in the cell therapy space. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about science and helping scientists around the world accelerate the development of life-saving medicines.
ValitaCell has an extensive R&D pipeline with products at various stages of development, including a Cell Therapy R&D programme in collaboration with REMEDI at National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), where we are working with Prof Frank Barry and Prof Mary Murphy in the development of novel analytical technologies to support the cell manufacturing industry. Valitacell is currently working to expand their Quantum, ChemStress and CellAi technology platforms with the aim of generating new characterisation tools and testing protocols for Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) manufacturing.
- Work directly with the Head of Science – Cell Therapy, and wider R&D team to design and execute experiments to achieve specific product development proof-of-concept and validation related goals;
- Work with the commercial team to design and support the commercial path for products in development;
- Troubleshooting technical issues by designing and executing root cause investigations for product and method development;
- Work with ValitaCell collaborators and partners on technical transfer of ValitaCell technologies and integrated workflow optimisation;
- Supporting and advising on technical queries within the CT R&D team where necessary;
- Train others in the use of the technology as appropriate,
- Support patent filings where appropriate,
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of all data supporting R&D product development,
- Compose, review and approve technical documents i.e. SOPs, deliverable reports, proof-of-concept/validation reports,
- Present at internal and external company meetings,
- Communication of ValitaCell Technologies and approaches through international conference presentations and content creation with the marketing team.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- PhD or equivalent research experience in Regenerative Medicine/Stem Cell Biology/ Molecular Biology or closely related discipline.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, molecular biology techniques and cell-based analytical techniques including flow cytometry and imaging.
- Knowledge and/or experience in bioprocess relevant cell expansion systems is desirable, but not essential;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the development and manufacture of cell based therapies is desirable, but not essential;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment,
- Able to take ownership of a given assignment, proactively consulting other team members and other department representatives for information or guidance, as necessary;
- Self-motivated and capable of working with other scientists in order to meet project deliverables.
- Evidence of excellent communications skills – report writing, oral presentations.
National University of Ireland, Galway
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please email your CV, cover letter and the names and contact details of two referees in a combined PDF document to email@example.com. Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland and hold an up-to-date relevant Visa entitling them to work in Ireland.